Well, as many people find writing a blog on professional topic or personal experience a natural thing, there are advantages, may not seem obvious, just to state some:
- It shows that you love things you do. You’re not paid for it, but have professional interest.
- It is the way to communicate to others, discuss things, share ideas, come up with better solutions.
- When you write down/describe a problem or an idea it naturally leads to better understanding and improvements to existing solutions.
- You just do not want to forget things you did and keep track of your experience. So you can easily find some code snippets, approaches or ideas.
- You may increase your confidence on some topics.
So I’m starting to keep track of things I investigate, research, working on or find interesting.